Useful Links


For information on Self-Assessment, Income Tax, VAT, Corporation Tax and Importing/Exporting.


For company information, filing of statutory returns and company accounts, running a company and changing your company details.


More information on CIMA, the major global management accountancy body.


A virtual community for accountancy professionals providing articles and a forum for accountants and business owners.

Changing Accountants

Changing accountants is an easy and straightforward process. In the first instance, you will need to inform your current accountant in writing that you wish to transfer to Hazelwood Accounting and then provide us with your current accountant’s details to allow us to formally request your historic records and clearance.

Once we have received this information, we will notify the relevant authorities that we are acting as your agent. As part of the CIMA professional standards we will need a letter of engagement covering the services to be undertaken and will require verification of your identity in order to comply with the laws on anti-money laundering.

Keeping Records

Accurate records are vital to the running of any successful business.  Details of everything the business purchases or sells should always be retained. It is essential that a receipt is obtained for all purchases made and that there is a record of how payment was made. The business should keep a copy of all sales invoices issued and note when payment for the invoice was received. In addition, if you are self-employed tax records should be kept for five years from the date the tax return was due. For limited companies this is increased to six years.